Welcome to Madera County
Welcome to the Central Garage
Madera County Central Garage has six employees consisting of one Supervisor, one Parts Assistant, one Senior Automotive Technician, and three Automotive Technicians. Central Garage is responsible for maintaining approximately 330 County vehicles assigned to our inventory.
Included in this inventory are sedans, ½-ton through 1-ton pickups and vans, and emergency vehicles assigned to the Sheriff's Department. These vehicles are assigned to departments throughout Madera County including Oakhurst and Bass Lake.
Central Garage is responsible for all Preventive Maintenance of County vehicles. All PM service is scheduled every 4000 miles or 4 months (whichever comes first). In addition to PM service, Central Garage staff performs the following types of work:
- Mandatory State Smog Inspections
- Heating & Air Conditioning Repairs
- Steering & Suspension Repairs
- Brake Repairs & Tire Work
- Cooling System Repairs
- Engine Replacement & Engine Diagnostics
- Vehicle Computer Diagnostics
- Fuel Injection Diagnostics / Repairs
One of our technicians is a specialist in outfitting emergency equipment for the Sheriff's Department. This consists of installing such items as:
- Rooftop Light-bar Assemblies
- Laptop Computers
- Two Way Radio's, Scanners & Sirens
- Control Boxes To Operate Light-bars & Sirens
- Shotgun & Assault Rifle Mounts / Locks
The Central Garage Parts Assistant is responsible for the scheduling of PM service for all County vehicles in our inventory. Other duties include:
- Phone Answering Duties
- Ordering Parts & Supplies To Maintain Vehicles
- Maintain Current Inventory Of All Parts & Supplies
- Scheduling Of All Pool Vehicles For Trips, Etc.
- Billing Clerk For Purchases Made
Central Garage has a multi talented staff that is ready to handle any and all tasks that are given to them.