Madera Animal Services Mission
Madera County Animal Services is a county agency whose purpose is to provide humane and professional solutions for animal related problems, to encourage responsible behaviors, and to create a safer environment for people and animals to co-exist.
Through the collaborative and sustainable partnerships, we strive to improve the lives of the animals in our care through the community outreach and education, providing veterinary treatment and preventative care for animals in our shelter. Reuniting lost pets with their families and ensuring positive outcomes through adoption, rescue, or foster programs.
Check us out on Facebook at Madera Animal Shelter
Did you lose your family pet?
We are so sorry to hear that!
Here are some helpful tips to help find your pet:
- Social media is a great way to help lost and found pets get reunited with their families please check out the lost and found groups on Facebook as well as using Nextdoor.com and Findingrover.com .
- Make a Lost Report with your local Animal Shelter in case your pet was picked up by an officer or found and taken to the shelter.
- Make flyers and put them up in your neighborhood.
- Contact your local newspaper and place a lost ad, some newspapers will even let you place an ad at no cost.
- Remember the more advertisement you do the better chance you have of getting your pet back home.
- You can find all our helpful tips by printing out our flyer Tips to help find your lost Pet in our forms and document page.
Did you find a Stray Pet?
Thank you for Helping!
Here are some options to help your found animal return home:
- Take the animal to the Madera Animal Shelter during business hours so they can try and locate the owners or help find the pet a new family to love.
- If you decided to keep the pet and locate the owners yourself:
- Take the pet to any local vet, animal shelter, or rescue and have the pet scanned for a microchip.
- You can temporarily take care of the animal and make a found report with the Madera Animal Shelter so when the owner contacts them they know who has the pet.
- Post pictures/ information on Social Media in Lost & Found groups in your area to help locate the pets home and family.
- Please remember a pet is considered personal property.