Madera Animal Services Mission
Madera County Animal Services is a county agency whose purpose is to provide humane and professional solutions for animal related problems, to encourage responsible behaviors, and to create a safer environment for people and animals to co-exist.
Through the collaborative and sustainable partnerships, we strive to improve the lives of the animals in our care through the community outreach and education, providing veterinary treatment and preventative care for animals in our shelter. Reuniting lost pets with their families and ensuring positive outcomes through adoption, rescue, or foster programs.
Check us out on Facebook at: Madera Animal Shelter
Important Pet Information:
Our shelter strives to find innovative ways to keep pets in our community safe so we are very excited to announce our new partnership with Finding Rover! Finding Rover uses facial recognition technology to help reunite lost dogs and cats with their families, allowing anyone with computer access to be a superhero.
We highly encourage everyone to register with a personal Finding Rover account so we can keep our entire community safe. Don’t wait for your pet to go missing; be proactive and create an account for your pet today. Isn’t your pet’s safety worth two minutes of your time?
Help our community become the number one user of this new technology. If we all do our small part, it will make a big difference for the lives of the animals in our community. Share Finding Rover with your family and friends and let’s get everyone on board to start saving more lives!
If you FIND a stray dog or cat, all you need to do is click ‘I Found a Pet’, snap a picture on your phone, and upload to www.findingrover.com. From there the magic of Finding Rover will match that photo with photos of pets that have been reported missing.
For those that have LOST a dog or cat, click ‘I Lost a Pet’, upload your pet’s picture, and Finding Rover will search found reports which will include animals in our care. Our partnership automatically updates all of our shelter’s pets on our Finding Rover page!
Wondering why you should use this new technology? Here are our top five reasons:
- It’s easy! Anyone with a smartphone or computer can upload a lost or found dog or cat instantly.
- It’s FREE! Although millions of dollars have been invested into this technology, it doesn’t cost them a penny.
- It helps find pets homes! It’s not just about helping lost pets. Our dogs and cats that are Available for Adoption are also on Finding Rover!
- It’s not just for dogs! Dogs aren’t the only pets that get out. Finding Rover is optimized to work for our feline friends as well.
- It saves lives! At our shelter, our number one goal is to keep pets safe before they even reach our doors. Using this tool, we can all become superheroes and help keep our shelter empty.
So what’s the catch? It only works if we all use it!
All you need to do is visit https://findingrover.com/registermypet
- Upload a picture
- Enter your pet’s name, age, and breed
- Enter your name, email address, and zip code
More tips and information on how to find your lost pet:
- Social media is a great way to help lost and found pets get reunited with their families please check out the lost and found groups on Facebook as well as using Nextdoor.com and FindingRover.com
- Make a Lost Report with your local Animal Shelter in case your pet was picked up by an officer or found and taken to the shelter.
- Make flyers and put them up in your neighborhood.
- Contact your local newspaper and place a lost ad, some newspapers will even let you place an ad at no cost.
- Remember the more advertisement you do the better chance you have of getting your pet back home.
- You can find all our helpful tips by printing out our flyer Tips to help find your lost Pet on our forms and document page.
Here are some other options to help your found animal return home:
- Take the animal to the Madera Animal Shelter during business hours so they can try and locate the owners or help find the pet a new family to love.
- If you decided to keep the pet and locate the owners yourself:
- Take the pet to any local vet, animal shelter, or rescue and have the pet scanned for a microchip.
- You can temporarily take care of the animal and make a found report with the Madera Animal Shelter so when the owner contacts them they know who has the pet.
- Post pictures/ information on Social Media in Lost & Found groups in your area to help locate the pets home and family.
- Please remember a pet is considered personal property.