2020 On-LineProperty Statement Filing
We are very excited to share our very first 2018-2019 Assessors Annual Report.
|Have you suffered from a disaster? There is help.|
The appeal application period for 2018-2019 tax roll is closed.
Legend of Frequently Used Abbreviations
- California State Board of Equalization (SBE or BOE): State agency that oversees and assists in the application of Property Tax Law by each County Assessor's Office.
- California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD): State agency that, among other things, oversees the registration of Manufactured Homes.
- California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): Provides vehicle and vessel ownership information to Assessors Offices.
- Madera County Assessment Appeals Board (AAB): Five person appointed board that presides over Assessment Appeal Hearings in Madera County.
- Revenue and Taxation Code of the State of California (R & T): Codified Laws that define and explain the application of Proposition 13 for the entire state.
- Base Year Value (BYV): The assessed value established in the year of property acquisition or new construction.
- Factored Base Year Value (FBYV): The annual maximum 2% increase in assessed value allowed by Proposition 13 to the Base Year Value.