The Assessor’s Office is working with a minimal staff. Our office is closed to the public, but we can help you through email or phone. Many questions and forms are available here on our webpage. If you wish to contact us by email, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to contact us by phone, our phone number is (559) 675-7710. For Business and Personal Property Questions, please press 2539. For all real estate questions including residential, agricultural and commercial/industrial, press 2509. For other questions, press 2516. If you have a matter requiring the Assessor’s attention, press 2515. Para Espanol, oprimo cinco.
2020 On-Line Property Statement Filing
We are very excited to share our very first 2018-2019 Assessors Annual Report.
|Have you suffered from a disaster? There is help.|
The appeal application period for 2018-2019 tax roll is closed.
Legend of Frequently Used Abbreviations
- California State Board of Equalization (SBE or BOE): State agency that oversees and assists in the application of Property Tax Law by each County Assessor's Office.
- California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD): State agency that, among other things, oversees the registration of Manufactured Homes.
- California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): Provides vehicle and vessel ownership information to Assessors Offices.
- Madera County Assessment Appeals Board (AAB): Five person appointed board that presides over Assessment Appeal Hearings in Madera County.
- Revenue and Taxation Code of the State of California (R & T): Codified Laws that define and explain the application of Proposition 13 for the entire state.
- Base Year Value (BYV): The assessed value established in the year of property acquisition or new construction.
- Factored Base Year Value (FBYV): The annual maximum 2% increase in assessed value allowed by Proposition 13 to the Base Year Value.