The Assessor’s Office is working with a minimal staff. Our office is closed to the public but an appointment can be made by phone if you would like to come into our office. Many questions and forms are available here on our webpage. If you wish to contact us by email, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to contact us by phone, our phone number is (559) 675-7710.
Property Statement Filing Deadline
For the 2020-2021 tax year, the deadline for business owners and farmers who are required to file their property statements has been extended to May 31st, 2020** due to an executive order issued by the Governor of California.
**10% penalty to be applied if filed after June 1st, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the Assessor’s Office at (559) 675-7710.
2020 On-Line Property Statement Filing
We are very excited to share our very first 2018-2019 Assessors Annual Report.
|Have you suffered from a disaster? There is help.|
The appeal application period for 2018-2019 tax roll is closed.
Legend of Frequently Used Abbreviations
- California State Board of Equalization (SBE or BOE): State agency that oversees and assists in the application of Property Tax Law by each County Assessor's Office.
- California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD): State agency that, among other things, oversees the registration of Manufactured Homes.
- California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): Provides vehicle and vessel ownership information to Assessors Offices.
- Madera County Assessment Appeals Board (AAB): Five person appointed board that presides over Assessment Appeal Hearings in Madera County.
- Revenue and Taxation Code of the State of California (R & T): Codified Laws that define and explain the application of Proposition 13 for the entire state.
- Base Year Value (BYV): The assessed value established in the year of property acquisition or new construction.
- Factored Base Year Value (FBYV): The annual maximum 2% increase in assessed value allowed by Proposition 13 to the Base Year Value.