Welcome to District 2
David Rogers was born in 1959 in El Paso, Texas, Fort Bliss Military hospital. He and Leslie have been married since 1981 and have three sons. David attended Mt. San Jacinto, Cal Poly Pomona and Fresno Pacific University where he attained the following distinctions: Student Representative to the Board, MSJC Outstanding Student in Science and Engineering 1979-1980; Bank of America Outstanding Student in Science and Engineering Award; Distinguished Achievement Award- Fresno Pacific University; Summa cum laude; A.S. Engineering, Certificate in Engineering; B.A. Human Resources Management / Organizational Development.
David was employed at the very young age of nine. He continued his employment through college, with various engineering firms involved in land surveying and development. At the apex of his engineering career, he supervised 9 men as the head (Chief of Parties) in the land surveying division of Warner Engineering. He went on to contract with firms as a freelance Party Chief. 1991-1994 he was a State certified Appraiser with the Merced County Assessor. His career took another turn when he opened a General Contracting business, accented by real estate sales and development. He earned the following designations during his years as a business owner: Licensed General contractor; Licensed Real Estate Agent; state certified Appraiser.
David has served his community as a Cub Scout Master, Baseball Coach, convalescent home volunteer, Central California Ministries Inc. Board Member, Chowchilla Athletic Foundation Board Member, Public speaker for Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis, Veterans, American Legion, NRA, Madera County Tea Party and various Churches and civic organizations. He was Director of Central California Men's Choir. He was honored by Rotary International as a Paul Harris Fellow, their highest award. He has served as the lead volunteer in over thirteen major construction projects for international and national missions.
In 1990, David and his family moved to Chowchilla, where he ran for elected office and served his community in the following capacities: two terms City Councilman, two terms Mayor and Mayor pro tem, City of Chowchilla, 1991-1998. Republican Central Committee; in 2010, he was elected Madera County Supervisor District #2.
David is an avid outdoorsman who loves to climb mountains, scuba dive, fish and hunt, go backpacking and sailing. Proficient with rifle and handguns, he is an expert archer and trains young archers in technique and hunter safety.
He is also an accomplished pianist and has played professionally since 1976
In 2016, David received the Iron Cross from Firefighters Local 2881. Veterans of Foreign Wars 9896 honored him with the Friend of the Veterans Medal in 2017 and in 2018, bestowed upon him their highest honor, that of Honorary Membership in VFW 9896, the only such honor ever given.
2015 Committee Appointments
- Chairman CAL ID-Remote Access Committee
- California Women’s Facility Citizens Advisory Committee
- Chairman Coalition Committee, Board of Supervisors, Madera Unified School District, City of Madera, City of Chowchilla
- California State Association of Counties Ag & Natural Resources
- California State Association of Counties board of Directors
- Elected Department Heads Negotiation Committee
- Flood Control & Water Conservation Agency
- Chairman Fresno/Madera Board of Supervisors Joint Meeting
- Fresno-Kings-Madera Regional Health Authority Commission
- Fresno-Kings-Madera Regional Health Authority Finance Commission
- Chairman High Speed Rail Task Force
- Chairman In Home Supportive Services
- Madera County Industrial Development Authority
- Chairman Madera County Public Financing Authority
- Chairman Madera County Transportation Commission
- Madera Groundwater Authority County Representatives
- National Association of Counties (Delegate)
- National Association of Counties Ag and Rural Affairs Steering Committee
- Regional Council of Rural Counties
- San Joaquin Rail Joint Powers Authority
- San Joaquin Valley Regional Supervisor Association
- Solid Waste
Here are the current Goals that I would like to achieve in the near future:
- Economic Development (Jobs)
- Enhance and promote public safety
- Preserve and enhance our farming heritage
- Ground water recharge and storage
- Flood channel restoration and utilization
- Eliminate Debt
- Organize effective, efficient Government
- Reduce Regulation
- Reduce fees
- Insure sound financial practices
- Develop strategic plan for road repair