The Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) works to ensure that all businesses in Madera County handle store and dispose of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes in compliance with applicable laws and regulations in order to protect the health and environment of the citizens of Madera County.
The program consists of:
- Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act (APSA) Program
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP) Program
- Hazardous Material Release Response Plan (Business Plans)
- Hazardous Material Management Plan and Hazardous Materials Inventory Statement (HMMP/HMIS)
- Hazardous Waste Generator and Onsite Hazardous Waste Treatment Programs
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST) Program