The purpose of the Solid Waste Program is to protect the health, safety and well-being of the public and to preserve and improve the quality of the environment by assuring proper storage and disposal of solid waste. Link to the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's (CalRecycle) web pages, www.calrecycle.ca.gov, for information about waste reduction, recycling, and other solid waste management issues.
- Inspections, Permitting and Enforcement
- Solid Waste Facilities:
- Fairmead Landfill, 21739 Road 19, Chowchilla, CA (559) 665-1310
- Mammoth Material Recovery Facility, 21739 Road 19, Chowchilla, CA (559) 665-1310
- North Fork Transfer Station, 33699 Road 274, North Fork, CA (559) 877-4226
- Emadco Disposal Service, Oakhurst, CA (559) 683-4680
As you know, household generated sharps cannot go in the trash, so what resources are available to the public generating sharps? CalRecycle has materials on-line to help.
Another great way to stay informed about the latest developments in CalRecycle's efforts to promote safe disposal of sharps waste is to join the Sharps and Medication Disposal Listserv.
"Reuse, Reduce and Recycle"- Find your closest recycling center at www.earth911.com or contact Madera County Public Works Department, Engineering Services Division - Solid Waste Management at (559) 675-7811 or visit their website.