Pursuant to Madera County's Employee Relations Ordinance, the Civil Service Commission allocates each class that has not been specifically exempted to a representation unit for bargaining purposes. Madera County currently has thirteen (13) representation units.
Classes exempted and therefore not allocated to representation units include department heads, elected positions, and classes defined by law as “confidential,” due to the nature of the work.
The collective bargaining process results in employment contracts called “Memoranda of Understanding.” A Memorandum sets out conditions of employment, including wages, hours, fringe benefits, etc. for those represented by the unit.
Memoranda of Understanding are available for each of the representation units as follows:
- Clerical-Technical Units' MOU
- Communications Dispatcher Unit's MOU
- Correctional Officer Unit's MOU
- Deputy Probation Officer Unit's MOU
- Mid-Management Unit's MOU
- Peace Officer Management Unit's MOU
- Peace Officer Unit's MOU
- Post Graduate Licensed Professional Unit's MOU
- Probation Administrators Unit's MOU
- Probation Management Unit's MOU
- Professional Unit's MOU
- Service Unit's MOU