Welcome to the Department of Public Health
The Madera County Department of Public Health protects the health of our community by preventing disease and promoting health equity.
Our department is also responsible for enforcing state and local health laws. Some of our services and programs include Emergency Preparedness, Communicable Disease Control, HIV/AIDS surveillance and supportive services, Child Health and Disability Prevention, California Children’s Services, Childhood Lead Prevention, Public Health Laboratory analysis, Vital Statistics, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health case management services, Immunization clinics, Women Infants and Children nutrition program, and health education programs addressing teen pregnancy, nutrition, obesity, tobacco use, and asthma.
- Public Health Organizational Chart
- Adolescent Health Fact Sheet
- Information on the Affordable Care Act
Protect Yourself from Rabies: Know the Facts
With the onset of warmer weather, both people and animals spend more time outside, increasing the possibility of rabies transmission. Keep yourself safe by knowing the facts read more...
The Vital Statistics Section of the Public Health Department provides the following services:
- Issues certified copies of birth and death events that have occurred in the last 12 months
- Authorizes burial permits
- Registers births and deaths
- Registers out-of-hospital births
- Acts as a liaison between the public and the State of California Office of Vital Records
- Compiles data relating to births and deaths
- Compiles data on infectious diseases reported in Madera County
- Provides statistical information upon request
- Open to the public Mon-Fri, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, & 1:00 pm-5:00 pm (Closed for lunch from 12-1 pm) Continue Reading...
Madera County Public Health Department participates in the California Immunization Registry (CAIR), a statewide computerized immunization information system. For more information, visit the following website: