What we can do for you:
- Refer you to oral health services
- Educate about oral health care
- Provide copies of the Madera County Public Health Oral Health Assessment and Madera County Strategic Plan and Community Health Improvement Plan - community views & facts on the state of Madera County Oral Health and plans to make it better
- Work with policy makers and school districts to create a strong oral health environment
- Resource links and contact information at page bottom
What is the Oral Health Program?
In November 2016, California voters approved the passage of Proposition 56, the California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016 (Prop 56). These funds assist Local County Oral Health Programs to provide education about oral health, dental disease prevention and create referrals to the treatment of dental disease caused by the use of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
Goals of the Oral Health Program
The Madera County Department of Public Health’s Local Oral Health Program aims to improve the oral health of Madera County’s residents. Efforts will be made toward expanding the capacity at the local level to educate and promote oral health information and education. In addition, it is the program’s goal to provide linkages to dental treatment services, including treatment to address dental disease caused by the use of cigarettes and other tobacco products. Program activities include: dental health education, disease prevention, linkage to treatment, and surveillance. These goals will be achieved through collaborative efforts that address oral health needs, and prioritize underserved areas and populations.
With local dentists, teachers and parents to increase preventative oral health services in the community.
Children grades K-6 to dental services to receive fluoride supplements and dental sealants.
The community on the benefits of water and supplemental fluoridation.
An evidence-based literacy campaign that encourages oral health practices for young children
Current Community Projects
| THE ISSUES
Links to Resources
- California Department of Public Health: Office of Oral Health (OOH)
- Community Water Fluoridation
- Find a Dentist: Denti-Cal Provider Directory
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Madera County Strategic Plan and Community Health Improvement Plan
- Madera County Public Health Oral Health Assessment
- Medi-Cal Dental Beneficiary Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Oral health Tips
- Prop 56
- Smile, California: Helping Medi-Cal members use their dental benefit
Questions? Or are you interested in joining our Oral Health Advisory Committee?
Contact: Alan.Gilmore@maderacounty.com (559) 675-7893