Expanded Subsidized Employment (ESE) is a wage subsidy program administered by the Department of Social Services (DSS). We have job ready Employment Services participants who are looking for part or full time employment. Through the program, employers have the opportunity to evaluate our participants’ skills and compatibility with the company that may lead to unsubsidized employment after completion of the six month subsidized employment. Our Employment and Training Workers collaborate with employers to identify their employment needs and provide case management to participants.
DSS is currently recruiting public and private employers to participate in the program. Employers are reimbursed for the wages of newly-hired employees from our Employment Services program at varying levels during the first six months of employment. Prospective employers are required to complete an application and provide proof of liability insurance and W9 form.
Reimbursement of employee wages paid to eligible and approved employers are as described below:
• 100% of wages paid for 1st & 2nd month
• 50% of wages paid for the 3rd & 4th month
• 25% of wages paid for the 5th & 6th month
• Note: Reimbursement for wages ONLY up to $25 an hour. Wages paid in excess of $25 an hour are the sole responsibility of the employer.
• Employer is expected to retain employee(s) as a fully unsubsidized employee(s) once the reimbursement period ends.
• Employees MUST work a minimum of 20 hours a week to be eligible for the reimbursement.
DSS extends to you an opportunity to assist in opening doors towards success. If you or your organization is interested in learning more or have questions on the above program, DSS ESE staff can be reached at (559) 479-4845.