Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of credit card payments for taxes and fees. In cooperation with Madera County, Heartland Payment Systems offers individuals the opportunity to pay tax bills by telephone or directly over the Internet.
- There is no convenience fee to use E-Checks.
- If you choose to use a credit or debit card, the third party vendor will charge a convenience fee of 2.35%.
- Any convenience fee paid does not go to the County of Madera.
There are four steps to pay or view your property taxes online:
- Search for your property tax by property address, assessment number, or fee parcel number. When entering assessment or fee parcel numbers, please enter all 12 digits of your parcel number, omitting any alpha characters (example 001-001-001-000).
- Select the item or items to pay and add your property taxes to your cart.
- Select your payment method and enter your account information and submit your payment. The system will:
- Tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement.
- Print a copy of your receipt for your records.
Easy Payment Via Phone
To pay by phone, please call the toll free number 1-877-399-1067. For telephone payments, you will need your 12-digit assessment number.
All tax bills paid online or by the automated phone system are due before midnight on the due date. In the event of a service interruption, no extension of the due date nor waiver of penalties will be allowed.